About our walks:
Day walks: 8-10 miles.
All are “dry” unless otherwise stated so bring a packed lunch and drink and be prepared to eat it in the open.
Half-day walks: 4-5 miles.
Map references can be identified on Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 Landranger and 1:25,000 Explorer maps.
Most walks are located on Landranger maps 175 and 165 and on Explorer maps 171, Chiltern Hills West and 172, Chiltern Hills East.
If in any doubt the walk leader can be contacted by phone prior to the walk.
Anyone is welcome to join our walks which are free. If you decide to become a regular walker with us then there is an annual membership subscription of £7.50 single or £12 family.
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed on walks.
Forthcoming Walks and Events:
THE WALKING PROGRAMME IS OPERATING IN A RESTRICTED MANNER AS FOLLOWS:
- If you would like to join a walk, you must contact the listed leader well in advance to see if they are willing to lead that walk. Some leaders have expressed a reluctance to lead in the current situation and that wish should be respected.
- If the leader agrees to lead, he or she will accept the names and telephone numbers of the first 5 members to contact them. Any later enquirers will be placed on a waiting list in case any of the original 5 change their minds.
- Anyone arriving at the start point who has not previously contacted the leader will be turned away.
- If, after booking, you decide not to walk please inform the leader.
- In the event that the government amends its advice about social gathering we, in turn, will revise our plans.
Finally, please note in the current situation, any walks that do go ahead are to be regarded as a meeting of friends rather than a club event.There are no events to display
A printable version of the proposed walks calendar up to December 2020 can be downloaded from the following link.